Doing Business in Lufkin, Texas
Located just 90 minutes from Houston, the nation’s fourth largest metro, Lufkin possesses vast accessibility to national and international markets. Lufkin’s population is close to 40,000, with a daytime population of nearly 100,000 that contributes to five main industry clusters: forest products, aerospace and military defense, manufacturing, medical, and food products.
Coveted Water Rights
Lufkin’s access to an abundance of natural resources is paramount to the industry success in the area. Lufkin has a daily water capacity of 74 million gallons a day (MGD), with an average daily use of 8.5 MGD, leaving 65.5 MGD of treated and untreated surplus water. Lufkin has six ground storage tanks and four elevated storage tanks with a total capacity of 10 MGD. The city also has water rights to Lake Sam Rayburn – which provides future access to 28,000 acre feet of water a year – and continuously exceeds State of Texas regulations and expectations for water testing.
- Laborshed of 145,000 people, backed by education and workforce training at Angelina College and Stephen F. Austin University
- Retail and medical hub of a 12-county region in East Texas
- Nestled between Texas’ two largest cities, Houston (90 miles south) and Dallas (166 miles northwest)
- Over 200 acres of available industrial/commercial property
- Most recent business announcement: Angelina Forest Products, LLC to open a $100 million sawmill in 2019